Car Accident Liability
Car accidents can range from devastating multi-car pileups to fender benders with delayed soft tissue injuries. Regardless of the type of accident, FindLaw's Car Accident section contains helpful information and resources if you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident. Articles cover topics such as first steps after an accident, how to prove (or avoid) fault, car insurance claims, contributory negligence in car accident cases, and tips on hiring a car accident attorney to help protect your legal rights. You will also find links to product recalls relating to automobiles, driving safety, crash statistics, and more.
- Car Accidents
An overview of car accidents and auto injury lawsuits. Learn what to do immediately after a car accident, common causes of car accidents, information about whiplash-related injuries, and much more.
- Truck Accidents
A look at truck accident lawsuits. In this section, you’ll find common causes of commercial truck accidents, information about hazardous materials, links to commercial trucking resources and other material related to truck accidents.
- Motorcycle Accidents
Learn about motorcycle accidents and the laws governing motorcycle use. This section provides an overview of helmet laws, motorcycle defects, liability issues, hiring an attorney, and other topics related to motorcycle accidents.
- Get Auto Accident Help
A guide to getting auto accident legal help. Learn how to find the right auto accident attorney, how to file an insurance claim, which documents to show your attorney after an accident, and much more.
- First Steps After a Car Accident
A step-by-step guide to what you should and shouldn’t do after a car accident. Learn about the actions to take to help build your case, including talking to witnesses and taking pictures of the scene.
- Liability: Proving Fault in a Car Crash
In order to receive compensation for your injuries, you’ll have to prove that another party was at fault for the accident. This section describes the elements of fault and the types of evidence used to prove them.
- After a Car Accident: First Steps
- Automobile Insurance Policy Coverage
- Car Accident Basics
- Car Accident Liability: Proving Fault in a Car Crash
- Car Accident Resources
- Car Accidents - FAQ
- Car Insurance Claims: Dos and Don'ts
- Comparative Negligence
- Defenses: Contributory and Comparative Negligence in Car Accident Cases
- Fault and Liability for Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Rental Liability, Pedestrian Accidents, and More
- Take Notes about Car Accident Injuries
- Vicarious Liability and Negligent Entrustment
- What Kinds of Damages May I Claim for Car Accident Injuries?
- Whiplash-Related Injuries